Terms and conditions for The Cleaning Fairy
These Terms and Conditions are made between The Cleaning Fairy and you referred to hereafter as the Client. These Terms and Conditions represent a contract between The Cleaning Fairy and you the Client which comes into force upon the provision of The Cleaning Fairys’ services to the Client. All services the Cleaning Fairy provides to the Client are subject to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms & Conditions do not affect the Clients’ statutory rights.
- The Cleaning Fairy agrees to perform the cleaning work specified by the Client in a professional and caring manner.
- The Cleaning Fairy will arrive on any agreed date but cannot specify a time. We are able to work between 8.00am and 4.00pm.
- The Cleaning Fairy will endeavor to meet the commitment of all scheduled visits however, it may on occasion be necessary to change the scheduled time or day to another convenient to the Client.
- The Cleaning Fairys’ one-off cleans do not include professional window cleaning, oven cleaning, carpet and upholstery cleaning.
- Upon termination of agreement, any keys held by The Cleaning Fairy will be returned immediately on receipt of cleared payment of the final invoice.
- If the Client is not completely happy with our service, please notify us within 24 hours in order that we may remedy the situation.
- The Cleaning Fairy will carry out all the cleaning tasks as discussed previously on each visit. Variations to the specified tasks may be made by using the Contact Book supplied by The Cleaning Fairy.
- The Cleaning Fairy requires at least two days working notice of cancellation or postponement. If fewer than two days working notice is received there may be a cancellation charge. The Client agrees to pay in full for any visit cancelled by them on the day of the clean. This includes visits aborted by our workers when unable to gain access to the home due to being locked out.
- Our cancellation charges are dependent upon the notice given and are as follows; Notice period for individual cleans: Outside two full working days = zero, two working days = 25%, one working day 50%, Same day 100% of the fee.
- For the avoidance of doubt the Client is not committing to a minimum term and the Contract between the Client and The Cleaning Fairy is on a week to week basis which the Client can cancel at any time, giving 7 days’ notice. If on a one off basis the contract will come to an end once The Cleaning Fairy has provided the agreed services to the Client.
- When the Client goes on holiday The Cleaning Fairy will offer a no fee cancellation of regular cleans providing at least 7 days’ notice is given. The Cleaning Fairy reserves the right to charge a fee for any cancellation giving fewer than 7 days’ notice.
- The Cleaning Fairy is fully insured for public liability.
- The Cleaning Fairys’ accidental damage insurance is subject to an excess of £250 and excludes damage caused by the use of abrasive products or the use and spillage of bleach. The Cleaning Fairy does not provide cover for accidental damage for the first £250 of any loss. The Client must make their own insurance arrangements for the excess.
- Cleaners are asked to inform Clients of damage sustained during the cleaning progress. However The Cleaning Fairy asks that the Client contacts them in any event to report any damage caused by cleaners to the Clients’ property. In the event of any such report The Cleaning Fairy will investigate this within 48 hours and report our findings to the Client.
- Special requests for additional services should be made 2 days before a service day. This ensures that these can be provided and payment agreed. However, we may be able to accommodate these on the service day. Please leave a note and we will invoice you accordingly.
- If the Clients’ cleaning visit falls on a Bank Holiday every effort will be made to re-schedule your visit but this cannot be guaranteed.
- The Cleaning Fairy will treat the Clients’ home with the greatest of care. Please inform The Cleaning Fairy of any items that are irreplaceable, so that it can make special arrangements for care. In the event of a breakage or accident any claim must be notified to The Cleaning Fairy within 24 hours of the cleaning visit. In these circumstances, the cleaner will leave a note informing the Client of any such breakage or accident.
The Cleaning Fairy Team
- The Cleaning Fairy team are fully trained in the advanced cleaning technique designed especially to clean the Clients’ home thoroughly and quickly. The cleaning staff usually work in teams of two, but The Cleaning Fairy reserve the right to work in teams of three or singularly.
- The Cleaning Fairy team are uniformed and carry identification.
- The Cleaning Fairy team are fully vetted and insured.
- The Cleaning Fairy team will not eat, drink or smoke in your home.
- The Cleaning Fairy team will not smoke within the vicinity of your home.
For the Clients’ piece of mind
- The Cleaning Fairys’ training and working practices are designed to ensure that it complies with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Before any services are provided to the Client, cleaner references are obtained and checked.
- All cleaners are legally able to work in the United Kingdom. Copies of passports, drivers license or similar and proof of address are provided and checked.
- The Cleaning Fairy operates a secure key holding service.
- The Cleaning Fairy agrees to keep keys and other Client information secure and confidential.
- The Cleaning Fairy is committed to ensuring your right to privacy and complies fully with all data protection principles and requirements as set out in UK legislation. The Cleaning Fairy will only use Client details for the purpose of processing and fulfilling the Clients’ instructions and will never knowingly pass them to a third party unless required to do so by law.
- Bleach and abrasive products are only used at the customers’ request and risk
- The Cleaning Fairy will keep in regular contact with the Client in order to ensure the best possible service.
- Please feel free to contact The Cleaning Fairy by telephone, text, email or website.
- Where possible The Cleaning Fairy will provide the same cleaning team for each clean. However this may not always be possible due to holidays, absences, varying cleaning frequencies and other commitments.
- To pay promptly for all cleaning hours provided.
- To provide a safe working environment for The Cleaning Fairy staff, e.g. safe electrical appliances, securely fixed wardrobes, cupboards, shelves etc.
- Please ensure access is provided on the agreed day, otherwise The Cleaning Fairy will be obliged to charge the Client in full.
- The Client agrees to notify The Cleaning Fairy if any person in the household is suspected of contracting an infectious disease. Notification must be at least 24 hours before a scheduled visit. The Cleaning Fairy reserves the right to cancel in such circumstances.
- Any pets liable to bite, scratch or intimidate The Cleaning Fairy workers must be secured away during the clean.
- The Cleaning Fairy will not clean any animal or human feces, urine, vomit, soiled clothing or other similar hazards. The Cleaning Fairy workers are instructed to leave any room containing such items and inform The Cleaning Fairy Management.
- The Cleaning Fairy must observe Health & Safety at all times and cannot comply with requests which may put workers at risk.
The Cleaning Fairy Payment Terms
- All one-off deep clean visits or first regular visit must be paid by cash.
- After the first clean the Client may choose how to pay The Cleaning Fairy. Payment can be made on the day by leaving cash or by standing order or BACS.
- Credit facilities are by prior arrangement only.
- All invoices must be paid within 14 days of being received. Late payment charges of 20% apply if payment is not made within this time.
Non-Solicitation of Staff
- During the period of this agreement and for a period of 12 months after the termination of this agreement, the Client will not employ any staff that have been employed by The Cleaning Fairy. The Cleaning Fairy reserves the right to claim any damages, loss of earnings, recruitment costs, training costs and any court costs where appropriate, subject to a minimum of £250.
- The Client may not employ any Cleaning Fairy staff.
Consumer Protection Regulations 2000 (Distance Selling)
- By virtue of these regulations The Cleaning Fairy is obliged to supply the Client with clear and understandable information to allow them to decide whether they wish to purchase services from The Cleaning Fairy.
- The Client has a cooling off period and may cancel any services The Cleaning Fairy has agreed to supply to the Client in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and will do so within seven working days from the date the Terms and Conditions were agreed to.
Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
- The Cleaning Fairy reserves the right to introduce supplementary terms to these Terms and Conditions. However, The Cleaning Fairy will notify the Client in writing and if The Cleaning Fairy does not hear from the Client with any representations within 30 days from the date of notification the Client will have been deemed to accept any such amendments.